Friday, June 26, 2009

Radiant Nation: William Eggleston - Danielle Steen for Express


Danielle O'Steen for Express, "This much is true about William
Eggleston, often referred to as the father of color photography: He
works quickly, never stages a photograph and takes only one shot.


Eggleston learned early on that when something caught his eye, he
didn't need rolls of film to capture his mark. "[Starting out], I
would take many frames essentially of the same subject, see, and I
would have to decide which one was the best," Eggleston told Express
while in D.C. for his current retrospective "William Eggleston:
Democratic Camera, Photographs and Video, 1961-2008," at the Corcoran.
"I figured, why not just take one? I'm going to eventually choose, and
I could never make up my mind."


http://www.expressnightout.com/content/2009/06/radiant_nation_william_eggleston.php

No comments:

Post a Comment